Nicole and I are proud to announce this exciting news:
Our little blog, that started out in October of 2011, has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
“What is the Liebster Award?” you ask. Well, the Liebster Award was created to give new bloggers some recognition. While we aren’t exactly “new bloggers”, we are newish in that we still don’t have a huge following. That happens when you’re a niche blogger and haven’t marketed yourselves because, you know, full-time jobs, 6 kids between us, and life happens.
We would like to thank The Wordy Mom for your support and for nominating us for this fantastic award!
Here’s how the process works: Bloggers are nominated by their peers. Once they are nominated, they look for blogs that speak to them and have less than 200 readers per month, and then they nominate those bloggers – paying it forward.
Upon nomination, The Liebster Award Nominees are asked to answer 10 questions.
Here are the questions Vivienne at The Wordy Mom asked of us (Nicole is busy at work so Brandy will be answering):
- What is your blogging niche?
Nicole and I (Brandy) blog about family life with kids with special needs. We are friends who found each other through our kids’adapted baseball team and recognized that we needed a tribe to make it through this crazy life.
- On a personal level, what do you get out of blogging?
Blogging is my outlet. It lets me vent my frustrations and fears. It enables me to put into words for others to see that our families may be somewhat different than theirs but we moms still want the best for our kids, just like other families. It gives me a chance to address things going on in the world through the lens of a family dealing with disability.
- Besides blogging, do you have any other creative outlets?
I enjoy music, singing, and very part time photography. I also enjoy drinking coffee, using the bathroom by myself, and long walks on the beach.
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would that be?
Keep blogging. Even when people aren’t reading your posts or social media shares. Keep blogging, even when it feels like you’re on the web all by yourself. You’ll get there.
- Breakfast in bed, reading in the tub…Describe one ritual you cherish.
I honestly cherish going to church with my family. That sets me up for a great week and keeps me sane. Also, Communion with my entire family? Nothing better!
- Who’s your favorite musical artist, and why?
This is a tough one. I love music, all kinds! If it has a good beat and hook, it’s my favorite. I’m really into top 40 right now and it fluctuates. Sometimes it’s country, sometimes it’s 90s alternative…
- Introvert or extrovert?
Both, depending on the situation.
- Dog person, cat person, neither or both?
Definitely dog. I’m allergic to cats!
- Would you consider yourself to be a risk taker?
I am what you would call a calculated risk taker.
- If you were being sent to a desert island and only allowed to take only one thing (not person) with you, what would you take?
I’d take a journal with a pen attached so it counts as one. I have to be able to write down my thoughts or I go crazy!
Now it’s our turn to nominate some fellow bloggers – this is the FUN part!
Our 6 nominees for the Liebster Award 2017 are:
- Mary from Growing as They Grow
- Michelle at Chasing the Cleavers
- Shauna at Mom Life and Me
- Laila at From the Scars
- Amanda at Anchors Away Mommy
- Glenda at Hope for Katherine Belle
Upon accepting this nomination, it becomes your turn to write your Liebster Award 2017 acceptance and nominate some fellow deserving blogs. In your post you’ll need to follow these Liebster Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award (www.modifiedmamas.com)
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you – that would be us – www.modifiedmamas.com
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions you have been asked. (see below)
- Nominate 5 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserve to receive the award. If you feel others deserve the award, then you are welcome to nominate more.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
Our Questions for Our Nominees Are:
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What is the number one way you market your blog?
- Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
- What do you do in your downtime/do you have a hobby other than blogging?
- I’m lifting this question from The Wordy Mom: What one piece of advice would you give other new bloggers?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you have a phrase (or code) you live by?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- What is the last thing you do at night before you close your eyes?
We can’t wait to read the answers of our nominees and are so excited to be a part of a great blogging community that supports one another!
Love makes the world a better place~
Brandy and Nicole